- 8 ounces uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 8 ounces turkey Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a nonstick skillet. Add onion and garlic; cook over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink. Drain. Add the tomatoes and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in half-and-half; heat through (do not boil). Drain pasta; add sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Sausage Ziti in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p5
Reviews for Tomato Sausage Ziti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 4, 2013
"Fabulous! Great combination of flavors, I thought it was a bit salty so I added an 8oz can of tomato sauce and that did the trick. We loved this dish, and will definitely be making it again."