Tomato Salad-Stuffed Avocados
My husband requests this every year for his birthday. It’s so pretty and looks like you fussed. You’ll be the only one who knows how simple it is to make. —Charmie Fisher, Fontana, California
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium ripe avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Spoon into
- avocado halves. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed avocado half equals 267 calories, 23 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 6 g protein.