- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Baked pita chips
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 20-30 minutes or until light golden brown. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Cool slightly. Transfer onion mixture to a food processor. Add the beans, tomato paste, rosemary, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. Serve with chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Tomato Rosemary Hummus in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p42
Reviews for Tomato Rosemary Hummus
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review