Tomato Rice Pilaf Recipe
Parsley, green onions and tomatoes add festive color to this mild rice dish from Carole Fraser of Toronto, Ontario. “I serve this pilaf quite often as a change from potatoes. It complements any type of meat or chicken.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a 3-cup microwave-safe dish, melt butter. Stir in the rice and onion. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until rice is lightly browned and onion is tender, stirring once. Add broth.
- 2. Cover and cook on high for 13-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in the green onion, tomato and parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 216 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 418 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC