Tomato Rice Pilaf Recipe
Parsley, green onions and tomatoes add festive color to this mild rice dish from Carole Fraser of Toronto, Ontario. “I serve this pilaf quite often as a change from potatoes. It complements any type of meat or chicken.”
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a 3-cup microwave-safe dish, melt butter. Stir in the rice and onion. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until rice is lightly browned and onion is tender, stirring once. Add broth.
- Cover and cook on high for 13-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in the green onion, tomato and parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Rice Pilaf in Taste of Home December/January 2006, p57
Reviews for Tomato Rice Pilaf(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 26, 2012
Awesome, quick side dish to throw together! Will definitely do frequently. Although it said 2 servings, it served 4 quite well.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >
- Rice Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes For Two >
- Side Dishes for Two >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Side Dishes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >