These individual round loaves are tasty with your favorite potatoes on the side...but they're even better (and more fun) when served as giant meatballs on top of spaghetti!—Phyllis Miller, Hunta, Ontario
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 4 slices bread, torn into small pieces
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- In a large bowl, soak bread in milk. Add the egg, beef, celery,
- onion, rice, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Shape into eight balls; place in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Pour tomato sauce over meatballs. Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.