Tomato-Rice Meatballs Recipe
These individual round loaves are tasty with your favorite potatoes on the side...but they're even better (and more fun) when served as giant meatballs on top of spaghetti!Phyllis Miller, Hunta, Ontario
- 4 slices bread, torn into small pieces
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- In a large bowl, soak bread in milk. Add the egg, beef, celery, onion, rice, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Shape into eight balls; place in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Pour tomato sauce over meatballs. Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Tomato-Rice Meatballs in Country Ground Beef 1993, p34
Reviews for Tomato-Rice Meatballs(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review