Tomato Quiche Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (10 inches)
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper and thyme. Cook over medium-high heat until liquid is almost evaporated, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle 1 cup cheese into bottom of pie shell. Cover with tomato mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Beat in cream. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake 40 minutes longer or until top begins to brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Tomato Quiche(18)
Sort By :
Delish! I added 1/2lb bacon and only added 1/2 tsp salt because of the salty bacon. Will definitely make again.
I made this recipe and as everyone else who commented, WE LOVED IT! I had too much filling and RachelLeslie gave excellent advise for that in her review. I am going to try pepper-jack cheese this time as we like spicy. I will make this many times again I'm sure. Great recipe.
I made this in a 11 inch tart pan - came out great! I added some basil but I loved it just as is...and great to have leftovers. However, what is nice about quiche recipes is you can customize / improvise to fit what you like...next time, I'll use some ham or bacon and add some jalapeno peppers. Feta cheese & spinach would go well with the tomatoes to give it a Greek style. HELPFUL HINT: Plum tomatoes are best, less liquid. And, to remove the skin, add boiling water into a saucepan with the tomatoes. Let sit for about a minute. Now the skins will come off easily with a sharp knife. Thanks for the yummy recipe :)
Delicious! I added 6 strips of chopped crisp bacon on top of the tomato mixture and used the cheddar cheese I had on hand. A can of chopped green chilies would be a great addition too - I'll try that next time.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Quiche >