Tomato Quiche Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (10 inches)
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper and thyme. Cook over medium-high heat until liquid is almost evaporated, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle 1 cup cheese into bottom of pie shell. Cover with tomato mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Beat in cream. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake 40 minutes longer or until top begins to brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Tomato Quiche
Sort By :
"I really liked this dish and am surprised no other reviews mentioned how salty it is.I will definitely make it again but will omit salt completely I am not normally so salt sensitive,even my boyfriend commented about it,and he never comments about salt. Otherwise,had great flavor.I used 9inch pie crust,couldn't fit all cream/cheese mixture in,definitely use 10 inch crust."
"I made this using Roma tomatoes from my garden. I seeded and peeled and chopped enough to make 2 cups. When I evaporated the water there was just enough tomatoes to cover the bottom of my deep dish 10 pie pan. I also used fresh thyme as I didn't have any dried time in my cupboard. I didn't have the same problem as other people who wrote they had too much filling. I actually use 5 eggs to get the filling to the top! My family loves this recipe."
"This is a great recipe made as written and also a great basic recipe you can add your own favorites to. I like to add fresh basil to this. Thanks for a great recipe."
"Delish! I added 1/2lb bacon and only added 1/2 tsp salt because of the salty bacon. Will definitely make again."