Tomato Quiche Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (10 inches)
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper and thyme. Cook over medium-high heat until liquid is almost evaporated, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Sprinkle 1 cup cheese into bottom of pie shell. Cover with tomato mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Beat in cream. Pour into pie shell.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake 40 minutes longer or until top begins to brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 375 calories, 26 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 167 mg cholesterol, 638 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.