Tomato Pizza Recipe
- 6 medium firm tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained, optional
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Place tomato slices in a circle on crust, overlapping slightly until crust is completely covered. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with olives if desired, green pepper and onion. Sprinkle with basil.
- 2. Cover with mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with low-fat mozzarella and without olives) equals 1 starch, 1 meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat; also, 223 calories, 599 mg sodium, 22 mg cholesterol, 21 gm carbohydrate, 12 gm protein, 12 gm fat.
Reviews for Tomato Pizza
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.