Tomato Pizza Bread
Refrigerated pizza crust dough gets a tasty treatment from pleasant seasonings and easy cheese and tomato toppings. This basic recipe can be modified to suit individual tastes. My husband loves to add sliced ripe olives just before baking. We think it's best when served fresh out of the oven.
-Kimberly McFarland, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 plum tomato, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, optional
- On a greased baking sheet, roll pizza crust into a 12-in. x 8-in.
- rectangle. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until the edges are
- lightly browned. Sprinkle with garlic, oregano and half of the
- Arrange tomato slices in a single layer over cheese. Top with
- remaining cheese and Italian seasoning if desired. Bake 6-8 minutes
- longer or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 132 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 303 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.