- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 plum tomato, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, optional
- On a greased baking sheet, roll pizza crust into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Sprinkle with garlic, oregano and half of the cheese.
- Arrange tomato slices in a single layer over cheese. Top with remaining cheese and Italian seasoning if desired. Bake 6-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forTomato Pizza Bread
"This was really good but I added mayonnaise. I spread the mayonnaise on first like you would marinara sauce for pizza. It was a great addition!"
"This is very good and easy. It's a great appetizer for a party."
"Delicious. Brought back memories of my Mom's pizza bread. I changed two things, I made my own pizza crust (a must!) and I added some provolone slices to the top. Thanks again."
"We all loved this recipe, The second time I made it, I cooked 5 pieces of pre-cooked Bacon and crumbled them over the Tomatoes before adding the cheese.Absolutely delicious."