Refrigerated pizza crust dough gets a tasty treatment from pleasant seasonings and easy cheese and tomato toppings. This basic recipe can be modified to suit individual tastes. My husband loves to add sliced ripe olives just before baking. We think it's best when served fresh out of the oven. -Kimberly McFarland, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 plum tomato, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, optional
- On a greased baking sheet, roll pizza crust into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Sprinkle with garlic, oregano and half of the cheese.
- Arrange tomato slices in a single layer over cheese. Top with remaining cheese and Italian seasoning if desired. Bake 6-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Pizza Bread in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p29
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Tomato Pizza Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review