Tomato Pesto Tart
Try this for a sophisticated, fresh-tasting treat. It's a great way to use your garden tomatoes. —Judy Hannebaum, Freeland, Washington
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pie pastry. Roll into a 14-in. x
- 12-in. rectangle; transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Flute
- edges; prick bottom with a fork. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or
- until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese; top with tomatoes. In a small
- bowl, mix the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, pesto, pepper and
- remaining mozzarella until blended; spread over tomatoes. Bake 10-12
- minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Yield: 6 servings.