Try this for a sophisticated, fresh-tasting treat. It's a great way to use your garden tomatoes. —Judy Hannebaum, Freeland, Washington
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pie pastry. Roll into a 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle; transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Flute edges; prick bottom with a fork. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese; top with tomatoes. In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, pesto, pepper and remaining mozzarella until blended; spread over tomatoes. Bake 10-12 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Pesto Tart in Taste of Home August/September 2012, p52
Reviews for Tomato Pesto Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review