Tomato Pepper Steak Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Cut beef into 3-in. x 1/4-in. strips. Heat oil in a large skillet; brown beef over medium-high heat. Add broth, celery, garlic, soy sauce, ginger, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 55-60 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- 2. Add tomatoes, peppers and onion; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables have reached desired tenderness.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 220 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 926 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Tomato Pepper Steak
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.