Tomato Pea Couscous Recipe
I modified a recipe I found in a magazine, keeping good nutrition in mind. With a hint of cumin and other mellow flavors, this is a quick-to-fix that's ideal with many entrees.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped seeded tomato
- 3/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in cumin; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Stir in the broth, peas and tomato. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until peas are almost tender. Stir in couscous; cover. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 184 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 182 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Tomato Pea Couscous
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC