Tomato Pea Couscous Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped seeded tomato
- 3/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in cumin; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Stir in the broth, peas and tomato. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until peas are almost tender. Stir in couscous; cover. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 184 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 182mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Tomato Pea Couscous
"Its an excellent dish, and as per another review, my cookbook recipe suggested a 1/2 cup ground cumin. The above amount (1/2tsp) was used. Its perfect for dinner or lunch. I don't know if I would make it for company but I'm thrilled at how easy it was. I used Tofu to make it a full meal."
"This recipe is so easy to make and it received rave reviews from my guests. A do over, for sure. I would not alter the recipe one bit."
"In the taste of home cookbook, Cooks who care, p.328, there is a missprint it calls for 1/2 a cup of cumin. We didn't use that much ofcourse, but still not too impressed"