Tomato Pasta Side Dish
This pleasant pasta dish offers an elegant way to round out almost any meal. And with so few ingredients, it couldn’t get much easier! Mandi Smith - Knoxville, TN
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small
- bowl, combine the tomato, oil, lemon juice, Cajun seasoning, salt
- and pepper. Drain pasta; transfer to a serving bowl. Add tomato
- mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 222 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.