Tomato Parmesan Salad Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups canola oil
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bunches romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 small red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper; shake well and set aside.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. Chill until ready to serve. Just before serving, shake dressing. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 14 servings.
1 each: 228 calories, 22g fat (3g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Tomato Parmesan Salad
"This is a big salad, but there's never any left when I serve it to my family of six. I always make it as the recipe states except once when I didn't have pimientos. My family noticed they were missing so now I make sure that I have a jar on hand."