Tomato Parmesan Salad Recipe
The homemade oil and vinegar dressing is what makes this salad unique. Plus, it features two kinds of lettuce and garden-fresh tomatoes and onions. To save time, I make the dressing in advance and set it aside until supper.—Michele Bently, Niceville, Florida
- 1-1/3 cups canola oil
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bunches romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 small red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper; shake well and set aside.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. Chill until ready to serve. Just before serving, shake dressing. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 14 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 228 calories, 22 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC