The homemade oil and vinegar dressing is what makes this salad unique. Plus, it features two kinds of lettuce and garden-fresh tomatoes and onions. To save time, I make the dressing in advance and set it aside until supper.—Michele Bently, Niceville, Florida
- 1-1/3 cups canola oil
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bunches romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 small red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper; shake well and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. Chill until ready to serve. Just before serving, shake dressing. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Parmesan Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1994, p19
Reviews for Tomato Parmesan Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review