Tomato Pancakes Recipe
My great-grandmother made this recipe in the 1930s. When my mom and grandmother were cooking up the pancakes, we kids all wanted to flip them over. They're different yet appealing and can be served with sausage or bacon.Elizabeth Higgins, Corinth, Maine
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) whole tomatoes, undrained
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Butter and maple syrup, optional
- In a blender, combine the tomatoes, eggs and oil; cover and process until the tomatoes are finely chopped. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in the tomato mixture just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with butter and syrup if desired. Yield: about 12 pancakes.
Originally published as Tomato Pancakes in Country Woman September/October 2004, p35
Reviews for Tomato Pancakes(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review