Tomato-Orange Beef Patties Recipe
"I love to cook," relates Evelyn Eisenhuth of Knox, Pennsylvania. "When I decided to try a recipe prepared by a chef on TV, my husband didn't believe the combination of ingredients would be good. With its mild sweet-and-sour taste, it's now a favorite."
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 large onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1. Shape beef into eight oval patties. In a large skillet, cook patties and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in orange juice and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in tomatoes. Pour over beef patties. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 303 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Tomato-Orange Beef Patties
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC