Tomato-Orange Beef Patties
"I love to cook," relates Evelyn Eisenhuth of Knox, Pennsylvania. "When I decided to try a recipe prepared by a chef on TV, my husband didn't believe the combination of ingredients would be good. With its mild sweet-and-sour taste, it's now a favorite."
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 3 large onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- Shape beef into eight oval patties. In a large skillet, cook patties
- and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour,
- salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in orange juice and
- vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Stir in tomatoes. Pour over beef patties. Cover and bake
- at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 303 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.