Tomato-Orange Beef Patties Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 3 large onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- Shape beef into eight oval patties. In a large skillet, cook patties and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in orange juice and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in tomatoes. Pour over beef patties. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Tomato-Orange Beef Patties in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p53
Reviews for Tomato-Orange Beef Patties
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >