- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet onion
- 2 small plum tomatoes, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 medium fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Cut pastry sheet in half. Repackage and refrigerate one half for another use. On a lightly floured surface, roll out remaining half into an 8-in. circle. Transfer to a 7-in. pie plate; flute edges.
- Layer half of the mozzarella cheese, onion and tomatoes in pastry. Top with mushrooms; layer with remaining mozzarella cheese, onion and tomatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, cream, mustard and herbs; pour over top.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 3 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Tomato Onion Quiche
Sort By :
This really exceeded my expectations! Only alteration was increasing the cheese amounts. We really like cheese. Mozzarella was a little more than 1 1/2 C and parmesan was about 1/2 C.
This is really really good. I've made it twice so far and have gotten rave reviews every time.