Tomato-Onion Phyllo Pizza Recipe
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 14 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 7 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Brush a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with some of the melted butter. Unroll phyllo dough; cut stack into a 10-1/2-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Discard scraps.
- 2. Line bottom of prepared pan with two sheets of phyllo dough (sheets will overlap slightly). Brush with butter and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers 5 times. (Keep dough covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel until ready to use to prevent it from drying out.)
- 3. Top with layers of remaining phyllo dough; brush with remaining butter. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; arrange onion and tomatoes over cheese. Sprinkle with oregano, thyme, salt, pepper and remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Yield: 28 slices.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 54 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.