Tomato-Onion Phyllo Pizza Recipe
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 14 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 7 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brush a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with some of the melted butter. Unroll phyllo dough; cut stack into a 10-1/2-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Discard scraps.
- Line bottom of prepared pan with two sheets of phyllo dough (sheets will overlap slightly). Brush with butter and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers 5 times. (Keep dough covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel until ready to use to prevent it from drying out.)
- Top with layers of remaining phyllo dough; brush with remaining butter. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; arrange onion and tomatoes over cheese. Sprinkle with oregano, thyme, salt, pepper and remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Yield: 28 slices.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tomato-Onion Phyllo Pizza(5)
Sort By :
This is one of my favorite TOH's recipes EVER!
Have been making this for years from Taste of Home. Since then, I've seem similar versions that were sort of copies, but nothing is better than this one!!! Everyone loves it and it makes a nice big batch.
SOOO good, and not difficult to make. I put it in the freezer as soon as I assembled it, and popped it into the oven the next day. It was beautiful and perfect. I'm making it again tonight, but crumbling bacon on top of it. Mmmmm...YUM!
My family loves this pizza. We've made it many times.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizer Pizza Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Potluck Appetizers >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Appetizers >