- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place green beans in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook, covered, 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; add to onion. Stir in tomato paste and salt; heat through. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forTomato-Onion Green Beans
"This is the recipe I grew up with! Being Italian this was the only way my mother cooked green beans. Its still the only one I use with green beans. I have had sooo many complements from guests."
"Very good, interesting flavor. A nice change from other recipes. Made as specified."