Tomato Olive Salad
This salad from Dona Hoffman, of Addison, IL is amazingly simple and surprisingly sweet with a little brown sugar in the dressing. And as an addition, she suggests topping it with either fresh mozzarella or feta cheese.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup sliced red onion
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, onion and olives. In
- a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad and
- toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 74 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 98 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.