Tomato Olive Quiche Recipe
Salty, savory olives, two kinds of onions, juicy tomatoes and layers of cheese make this quiche a dish to remember. —Stephanie Proebsting, Barrington, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing YIELD:8 servings
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1. Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- 2. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add tomato slices, a few at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook tomatoes in oil for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and cream; stir in cheddar cheese. Sprinkle olives and onions into crust; top with two slices of provolone cheese. Layer with tomatoes and remaining provolone. Pour egg mixture over the top.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 411 calories, 33 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 600 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC