Tomato Olive Quiche Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add tomato slices, a few at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook tomatoes in oil for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and cream; stir in cheddar cheese. Sprinkle olives and onions into crust; top with two slices of provolone cheese. Layer with tomatoes and remaining provolone. Pour egg mixture over the top.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Tomato Olive Quiche(7)
Sort By :
After reading the comment I chopped the tomatoes, sprinkled them with salt and put them on paper towels to juice out. I did not fry them. Turned out delicious. Not to mention saving a step and some dishes!!
I did not like this. It turned out how it was supposed to, but I simply did not like the dish very much. Would not make again.
I would make this again but add more zip, maybe some hot peppers and a touch of garlic.
I going to the kitchen right now to try this, it sounds great and has ingredients that I love, what could go wrong?
This quiche is beyond amazing. Don't be put off by the 3-star review; I've served this quiche several times to guests and I get raves every time! It's time-consuming but worth every minute it takes!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Italian Breakfast >
- Italian Brunch >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Quiche >
- Simple Breakfast Recipes >