Tomato Nacho Dip
My friend came up with this recipe. The thick and creamy cheese dip gets its zip from convenient canned green chilies. It's a snap to zap in the microwave.—Rhonda McKee, Greensburg, Kansas
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) cubed process American cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- Tortilla chips
- In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the chilies, onion and
- butter. Cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds or until butter
- is melted. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk until
- Cook, uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until thickened. Add
- cheeses and tomato. Microwave, uncovered, at 70% power for 1-2
- minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Yield: 2-2/3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 77 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.