Tomato Nacho Dip Recipe
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) cubed process American cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the chilies, onion and butter. Cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds or until butter is melted. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk until blended.
- 2. Cook, uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until thickened. Add cheeses and tomato. Microwave, uncovered, at 70% power for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 2-2/3 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 77 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Tomato Nacho Dip
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.