Tomato N Cheese Pasta
Garlic, basil and oregano add pizzazz to this savory side dish. The pasta is tender and moist, and there's plenty of cheese flavor. I like to serve it alongside steaks or chicken.
Concord, North Carolina
2 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 cup uncooked small tube pasta
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a small saucepan,
- saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the tomatoes, basil, oregano, sugar and pepper. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Drain pasta;
- stir into saucepan.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Top with cheeses. Bake,
- uncovered, at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 373 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 1,048 mg sodium,