Garlic, basil and oregano add pizzazz to this savory side dish. The pasta is tender and moist, and there's plenty of cheese flavor. I like to serve it alongside steaks or chicken. -Dawn Dhooghe Concord, North Carolina
Recommended: 42 Better-for-You Pasta Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup uncooked small tube pasta
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a small saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, basil, oregano, sugar and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Drain pasta; stir into saucepan.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Top with cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tomato N Cheese Pasta in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p29
Reviews forTomato N Cheese Pasta
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 7, 2015
"Really tasty, made as stated, would make again"
Reviewed Jul. 3, 2010
"This is a favorite side dish with a grilled meat at our table. Do not overcook the pasta!"