Tomato N Cheese Pasta Recipe
Garlic, basil and oregano add pizzazz to this savory side dish. The pasta is tender and moist, and there's plenty of cheese flavor. I like to serve it alongside steaks or chicken. -Dawn Dhooghe Concord, North Carolina
- 1 cup uncooked small tube pasta
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a small saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, basil, oregano, sugar and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Drain pasta; stir into saucepan.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Top with cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tomato N Cheese Pasta in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p29
Reviews for Tomato N Cheese Pasta(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 3, 2010
This is a favorite side dish with a grilled meat at our table. Do not overcook the pasta!
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2008
This makes a great meatless main dish, too, and is easily doubled. I bake it in individual gratin dishes and serve it with garlic bread and a green salad.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dish Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >