Tomato Mushroom Soup Recipe
This soup recipe came about while I was experimenting with the goodies from my garden…I serve it often to my family, especially in the winter. —Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 cups beef broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large kettle or Dutch oven, saute mushrooms in 4 tablespoons butter until tender. Remove mushrooms with a slotted spoon; set aside and keep warm.
- 2. In the same kettle, saute the onions, garlic, carrots and celery in the remaining butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Add the broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, pepper and half of the reserved mushrooms. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 3. Stir in the parsley and remaining mushrooms; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with sour cream if desired. Yield: about 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 111 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 981 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Tomato Mushroom Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC