Tomato-Mushroom Bow Tie Pasta Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pound plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter and oil for 5 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes; cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the basil, parsley, salt and pepper; cook 2-3 minutes longer. Drain pasta; top with tomato mixture and Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tomato-Mushroom Bow Tie Pasta in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p10
Reviews for Tomato-Mushroom Bow Tie Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review