Tomato Mini Muffins
It's delightful at Christmas to savor the big bite of summer baked in to these scrumptious muffins. Munching one warm from the oven reminds me of plump sun-kissed tomatoes and herbs handpicked from the patch.
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another
- bowl, beat egg. Add milk, tomato sauce and oil; mix well. Stir into
- the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or
- paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with
- Parmesan cheese if desired. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or
- until muffins test done. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 102 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.