It's delightful at Christmas to savor the big bite of summer baked in to these scrumptious muffins. Munching one warm from the oven reminds me of plump sun-kissed tomatoes and herbs handpicked from the patch.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, beat egg. Add milk, tomato sauce and oil; mix well. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Tomato Mini Muffins in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p19
Reviews for Tomato Mini Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2011
"TOMATO!! That sounds REALLY weird! What does it taste like? It doesn't sound...very appetizing"