Tomato Mini Muffins Recipe
It's delightful at Christmas to savor the big bite of summer baked in to these scrumptious muffins. Munching one warm from the oven reminds me of plump sun-kissed tomatoes and herbs handpicked from the patch.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, beat egg. Add milk, tomato sauce and oil; mix well. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Tomato Mini Muffins in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p19
Reviews for Tomato Mini Muffins(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2011
TOMATO!! That sounds REALLY weird! What does it taste like? It doesn't sound...very appetizing