Tomato-Melon Chicken Salad
Nothing says summer like picking watermelon, tomatoes and raspberries, then tossing them together in a salad. The addition of grilled chicken makes it a satisfying yet still summery meal. —Betsy Hite, Wilton, California
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 9 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 4 grilled chicken breasts (4 ounces each), sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, watermelon and raspberries. In
- a small bowl, whisk the basil, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over tomato mixture; toss to coat. Divide salad greens among
- 6 serving plates; top with tomato mixture and chicken. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 368 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 44 g protein.