- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 9 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 4 grilled chicken breasts (4 ounces each), sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, watermelon and raspberries. In a small bowl, whisk the basil, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Drizzle over tomato mixture; toss to coat. Divide salad greens among 6 serving plates; top with tomato mixture and chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Tomato-Melon Chicken Salad
Sort By :
This was a great idea using watermelon with chicken in a salad. Will make again!!
I had to try this salad since I found the ingredients so intriguing. It is a very good and refreshing salad, especially with grilled chicken. I used dried basil since I did not have any fresh. This would be especially good with garden fresh tomatoes, too. Very nice summer dish!