Tomato Mac 'n' Cheese
White cheddar cheese and tomatoes add a new dimension to macaroni and cheese.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked Daily Chef Penne Rigate
Give flavor to your favorite Italian meals with premium Daily Chef Pasta.
Learn More >
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 pound white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch
- oven, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth;
- gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes
- or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in the cheese, salt, mustard and pepper.
- Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Drain pasta; stir into cheese
- sauce. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in
- tomatoes just until combined. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 655 calories, 36 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 789 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.