- 12 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 pound white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in the cheese, salt, mustard and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Drain pasta; stir into cheese sauce. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in tomatoes just until combined. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Mac 'n' Cheese in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p209
Reviews for Tomato Mac 'n' Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2014
"Doesn't have much flavor at all, but an excellent choice for toddlers and older kids as well as those who can't eat a lot of spices."