- 12 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 pound white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in the cheese, salt, mustard and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Drain pasta; stir into cheese sauce. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in tomatoes just until combined. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Mac 'n' Cheese in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p209
Reviews for Tomato Mac 'n' Cheese(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2013
Sooo tasty! My husband and I both love it. Our one year old, who doesn't seem to like pasta, even ate some. If you don't like tomatoes, it is really easy to dish up a plate without them.