Tomato Leek Tarts
Kathleen Tribble from Santa Ynez, California shared the recipe for these attractive tarts for two. The crisp pastry crust cuts easily into wedges.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 pound leeks (white portion only), sliced
- 6 medium plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place both pastry sheets on greased baking sheets. Sprinkle each with
- provolone cheese, leaving 1 in. around edges. Arrange leeks and
- tomato slices over provolone cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese,
- garlic powder and pepper. Top with mozzarella cheese. Fold edges
- over filling.
- Bake at 425° for 18-22 minutes or until crusts are lightly
- browned. Cut into wedges. Serve warm. Yield: 2 tarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 280 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 346 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.