Tomato Leek Tarts Recipe
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 pound leeks (white portion only), sliced
- 6 medium plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Place both pastry sheets on greased baking sheets. Sprinkle each with provolone cheese, leaving 1 in. around edges. Arrange leeks and tomato slices over provolone cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and pepper. Top with mozzarella cheese. Fold edges over filling.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 18-22 minutes or until crusts are lightly browned. Cut into wedges. Serve warm. Yield: 2 tarts.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 280 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 346 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Tomato Leek Tarts
"I love this recipe, it is so light and fresh and a quick solution to dinner. I've begun to play around with the recipe and did a leek, potato combination instead of tomatoes once. Highly recommend!"
"easy to make, my daughter enjoyed helping. Nice flavour, I let the tomatoes drain on paper towels for a half hour before putting it all together."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.