Kathleen Tribble from Santa Ynez, California shared the recipe for these attractive tarts for two. The crisp pastry crust cuts easily into wedges.
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 pound leeks (white portion only), sliced
- 6 medium plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place both pastry sheets on greased baking sheets. Sprinkle each with provolone cheese, leaving 1 in. around edges. Arrange leeks and tomato slices over provolone cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and pepper. Top with mozzarella cheese. Fold edges over filling.
- Bake at 425° for 18-22 minutes or until crusts are lightly browned. Cut into wedges. Serve warm. Yield: 2 tarts.
Originally published as Tomato Leek Tarts in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p61
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tomato Leek Tarts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review