“This recipe came from my mother-in-law and many say it’s the best tomato juice they’ve ever tasted,” shares Beverly Cottrell in Ipswich, Massachusetts. “It has a little eye-opening kick to it that’s wonderful!”
- 3/4 pound tomatoes (about 4 small), sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sliced celery
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool.
- Transfer tomato mixture to a blender; cover and process until smooth. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Juice Cocktail in Light & Tasty February/March 2007, p47
Reviews for Tomato Juice Cocktail
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review