- 3/4 pound tomatoes (about 4 small), sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sliced celery
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool.
- Transfer tomato mixture to a blender; cover and process until smooth. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Tomato Juice Cocktail
"Husband thought it was good. Good way to use end of the season tomatoes"
"The best tomato juice I have ever had. I usually make a double (and even triple!!!) batch."
"Just needs the kick of some vodka or gin to round it out. Also needs a kicker of tabasco sauce,."
"it was great"