Everyone will say "wow" after one taste of this refreshing, icy appetizer. Even my grandchildren enjoy the tomato, mint and lime flavors. —Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 mint sprigs
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring the tomato juice, sugar, mint sprigs and jalapeno to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Strain and discard solids. Stir in lime juice. Transfer to a 1-qt. dish; cool to room temperature. Freeze for 1 hour; stir with a fork.
- Freeze 2-3 hours longer or until completely frozen, stirring every 30 minutes. Scrape granita with a fork just before serving; spoon into dessert dishes. Garnish with additional mint if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tomato-Jalapeno Granita in Taste of Home June/July 2009, p45
Reviews for Tomato-Jalapeno Granita
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review