Tomato Herb Salad Dressing
A handful of herbs, including basil, marjoram and celery seed, helps perk up the low-sodium tomato juice used in this light, refreshing salad dressing from Mary Kretschmer of Miami, Florida. You won't miss the salt for a minute.
12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups low-sodium tomato juice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Place all ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before serving. Store leftovers in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 tablespoons) equals 23 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 102 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat.