A handful of herbs, including basil, marjoram and celery seed, helps perk up the low-sodium tomato juice used in this light, refreshing salad dressing from Mary Kretschmer of Miami, Florida. You won't miss the salt for a minute.
- 1-1/2 cups low-sodium tomato juice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Place all ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Tomato Herb Salad Dressing in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p57
Reviews for Tomato Herb Salad Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review