Tomato Herb Frittata Recipe
Fresh herbs and garlic really add to the flavor of this hearty, savory and filling egg dish. Every slice is brimming with cheesy eggs and bright tomatoes.—Candy Summerhill, Alexander, Arkansas
- 9 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Thinly sliced fresh basil, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, 3/4 cup cheese, milk, herbs, salt and pepper; set aside.
- 2. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute tomatoes in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Pour egg mixture into pan; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Garnish with sliced basil if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 227 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 332mg cholesterol, 425mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Tomato Herb Frittata
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC