Tomato Herb Bread Recipe
"I tasted a tomato basil bread at a restaurant and tried to duplicate it in my bread machine," comments Julie Barta of Hiawatha, Iowa. "I combined several recipes to come up with this loaf," she writes. "We love slices topped with smoked turkey, but it also makes plain bologna taste like a treat!"
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in the order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds).
1 each: 112 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 292mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Tomato Herb Bread
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC